Tuesday, February 28, 2012

And the Oscar Goes to...

AP Photo / Matt Sayles
The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore

You may have been expecting names of big winners like "The Artist" and "The Artist" or perhaps, "The Artist"(note to self: I need to go see that movie)...but instead, I'm celebrating the winner of the Animated Short Film category. I was thrilled when this film was acknowledged on Sunday night. Not that I knew anything about it before Friday, but I had recently been introduced and quickly fell in love so it was a delight to be "in the know" when it was announced.

I first learned about FFBoMML on Friday at a technology conference. Teachers in San Ramon are using the "Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore" app. It's $4.99 and worth every cent (in my opinion). The app gives you access to the story, the short film and another film about how the short film was made. 
The story is about people who devote their lives to books and books who do the same. The way in which the story is told is nothing short of amazing.

This is our future - and it's happening NOW. This is the way stories are being published. Like it or not, apps are here to stay and interactivity (beyond turning the pages) goes above and beyond my wildest imagination.


Enjoy.

Patsy Templeton
ptempleton@orinda.k12.ca.us

Winners for the Best Animated Short Film: Brandon Oldenburg and William Joyce
AP Photo /Joel Ryan
Click here if you'd like to go to the iTunes Store (not that you have to, but in case you just can't help yourself).



No comments:

Post a Comment